Contentment, Goals, Retreats, No, Success
Episode 11: Crafting Contentment
On this episode of Mere Mortals Unite, we interview Laurie Guest, a farmer’s daughter who has taken charge of her life. She is an incredible wife and mother as well as a successful author and speaker. Laurie has found the importance of creating contentment, discovering what it is that allows us mere mortals to find a space that is all our own. Join us to find practical ways to find this path for yourself.
- How Laurie describes her superpower.
- Why it’s important to craft contentment for yourself.
- How to figure out your own benchmark of success.
- Why you must practice “strategic disengagement.”
- The importance of writing down your immediate and long-term goals.
- How to fit a personal retreat into your schedule.
- Why your moment of transformation doesn’t have to be earth-shattering.
- How and why to practice “theme living.”
- Laurie’s system for saying “no” to commitments.
- The difference between joy and contentment.
Interview Links & Other Resources
Wrapped in Stillness: A Personal Retreat Guide by Laurie Guest
Follow Laurie Guest on Twitter
Connect with Laurie on Facebook
iTunes - Subscribe, Rate & Review