Attitude, Business, Culture, Listening, Gratitude
On this episode of Mere Mortals Unite, we interview Gregory Newell, President of Nave Newell, Inc., a land development consulting services firm. Since founding Nave Newell in 1992, Greg’s philosophy has remained: strive for the extraordinary as both a standard in design and service to clients. Greg’s enthusiasm has evolved into the Nave Newell Way. It has become his passion to coach and teach his staff, and anyone else, how these fundamentals impact everything in your work and home life in a positive way. Greg shares how you can implement them in your own life as well.
- Why attitude is such an important factor in creating a culture for your company or organization.
- How Gregory’s attention to his own behavior and demeanor has positively affected his company’s culture.
- How the Nave Newell Way program has been helpful in retaining and recruiting employees, as well as developing a base of enthusiastic clients.
- Why a focus on attitude and relationships is relatively rare in his industry.
- The two reasons why he puts so much focus on listening to others.
- Why you shouldn’t be distracted by things over which you don’t have control.
- Why focusing on the simple things can produce such big results.
- How Gregory serves his competitors by sharing what he has learned.
- Why his company created a “gratitude wall” and how it has affected his team.
- Why his company is getting construction projects that no other companies their size are getting.
- What it means to practice “blameless problem-solving” and how it has helped grow his company.
Interview Links & Other Resources
Fundamentally Different by David J. Friedman
Connect with Gregory by phone: (610) 265-8323
Connect with Gregory Newell on LinkedIn
Connect with Gregory Newell on Twitter