Adventure, Family, Relationships, Fathers, Children
On this episode of Mere Mortals Unite, we interview Rye Taylor, an amazing storyteller and podcast guru. Rye reveals the “aha” moment when he realized he didn’t want to just be a fat, middle-aged Dad watching TV with his kids on the couch. He wanted more out of life and found a way to get it. Fasten your seatbelt and get ready to learn how to make life an adventure!
- The amazing benefits Rye has found from living an adventurous life again.
- How a negative childhood experience with a bee farm prompted Rye to return to a bee farm as an adult … and how this time he overcame his fear with his family alongside him.
- Why you must practice “intentional strategic disengagement” in order to keep your most important relationships strong.
- How Rye and his family hold “vision-casting” sessions to determine upcoming adventures.
- What Rye learned from wrestling an alligator in the Colorado Rockies.
- How to get started having adventures right in your backyard, and why geocaching is a great option.
- Why you must also recapture adventure for yourself, not just your family.
Interview Links & Other Resources
Daring & Rye
Connect with Rye Taylor on Facebook
Connect with Rye Taylor on LinkedIn
Connect with Rye on Twitter